Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

The Renners prayer


Out torturer who art in Belgium

Kermisse be thy name

3 O’clock come

Then begins the Fun

On Tarmac, or worse on the pave

Bakery give us our daily rice tart

And bless us with good legs

Yet strike down our competition with punctures

And lead us not into  doping control

But into the arms of the waiting podium girls

Amen

In the absence of any racing over the past two weeks I thought I better keep the literary juices flowing with my take on the only prayer I know.  Below is a start line snapshot where these moments of inspiration strike and you have to try and remember them 3 hours later… the guy next to me looks less inspired, more like he's wondering whether he remembered to record the football.
Photo courtesy of Jean Bollaerts

No comments:

Post a Comment