Pages

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Belgium bound

Welcome to my racing blog.  The aim of my blog is to give all my supporters, sponsors and my team some good publicity aswell as a riders insight into the world of bike racing in the heartland of cycling...Flanders!
My first post is just abit about what I would like to get from the experience, along with an outline of my plans for 2011...so here goes.

Its been an ambition of mine for three years now to finally plunge myself into the life of a full-time competitive cyclist on the continent.  Finally, at twenty, I have secured my finances with some hard work and the help of the Dave Rayner Fund.  I last tasted Belgian competition (and Rice tart!) in 2008 in my days with Glendene cc as an under 18 rider.  I have fond memories of those days and that is one of the reasons why i'm heading to Belgium to hopefully make a career for myself as a professional. 

The hard work began back in November.  Finding a team was the first port of call. A couple of emails to Dominic Schills and i had myself an email address to send a palmares to.  By early December my new team wanted me to meet them and they were already offering me accomodation!

My team is called 'Hand-in-Hand Baal', a good Belgian amateur team with an under 23 focus and ambition to help riders like me improve and reward them with victories.  Our team launch is the 12th February 2011 so I shall be uploading the photos and more information like a full calendar when this becomes available.  I aim to produce a weekly blog throughout the season (until October) keeping you upto date with my progress, some results, photos and maybe the odd anecdote along the way!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment